Find a Hospital
NTT Medical Center Tokyo
- Departments and Centers
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Breast Surgical Oncology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- Center for Preventive Medicine/Health Screening
- Respiratory Medicine
- Respiratory Surgery
- Gamma Knife Center
- Dentistry and Oral surgery
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Emergency Medicine
- General Medicine
- Hypertension & Nephrology
- Psychosomatic medicine
- Cerebrovascular Medicine
- Radiation Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Respiratory Disease Center
- Stroke Care Unit
- Artificial joint center
- Spine center
- Prostate Center
- Emergency Center
- Chemotherapy Center
- Endoscopy Center
We promptly and accurately diagnose through electrocardiography, echocardiography, myocardial scintigraphy , and cardiovascular MRI/CT. We carry out many catheter treatments for angina pectoris or lower extremities artery stenosis, and catheter ablation for arrhythmia.
- Ischemic heart disease (such as angina pectoris, and myocardial infarction)
- Valvular disease
- Heart failure
- Aortic disease (such as dissecting aneurysm of aorta)
- Peripheral artery disease (such as lower extremities artery stenosis)
- Venous thrombosis
- Venous thrombosis
- Pulmonary thromboembolism
- We have equipments and devices such as 32 slice multidetector CT, myocardial scintigraphy, drug-eluting stent for diagnosis and treatment of ischemic heart disease (such as angina pectoris and myocardial infarction). We work to provide treatments with higher accuracy for catheter examination and treatment to heart and peripheral blood vessels by combining intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), optical coherence tomography (OCT), and fractional flow reserve (FFR). For catheter ablation to arrhythmia, we provide minimally invasive treatment such as using cryobaloon upon combining with state of the art mapping system.
Endoscopic submucosal dissection(ESD: treatment to exfoliate cancer lesion to submucosa and make a block resection by an endoscope) for early stage of esophageal, gastric, duodenal, or colorectal cancer, and other digestive disorders are treated.
- Esophageal cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Duodenal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)
We mainly deal with digestive disorders requiring surgery, and perform about 1,300 surgeries a year. We also perform robot-assisted surgery (Da Vinci surgery) for esophageal cancer, gastric cancer, colon cancer in colorectal surgery.
- Gastric cancer
- Colon cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Hepatic cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Biliary tract cancer
- Bowel obstruction
- Anus disease
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Thoracoscopic surgery
- Robot-assisted surgery
We accept patients with extensive brain diseases in cooperation with Gamma Knife Center, Cerebrovascular Medicine and Neurology.
- Unruptured cerebral aneurysm
- Acoustic neuroma
- Pituitary adenoma
- Base of skull tumor
- Cervical internal carotid altitude stenosis
- Craniotomy cerebral aneurysm clipping surgery
- Craniotomy brain tumor enucleation
- Craniotomy microneurovascular decompression
- Inside-outside bypass operation in the craniotomy skull
- Cervical internal carotid thrombus endarterectomy
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery perform surgical treatment mainly for adults with cardiovascular disease. Almost all kinds of cardiac surgeries can be done except for treatment for children, heart transplantation and artificial heart transplantation. Especially minimally invasive cardiac surgeries such as off-CABG, stent-graft insertion and MISC are positively taken.
Dr. Hanayama (department head) used to perform cardiac surgery in Tronto, Canada.
- Angina pectoris
- Myocardial infarction
- Coronary artery disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Heart failure
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Artificial valve replacement
- Synthetic blood vessel graft
- Stent insertion
Breast Surgical Oncology
We have newly established Breast Surgery from April 2019 for diagnosis, surgery and treatment of all breast diseases. Breast center was established in April, 2021 to improve convenience.
- Fibro adenoma
- Phyllodes tumor
- Breast cancer
- Phyllodes tumor
- We diagnose mammary gland disease using mammography (MMG), ultrasound, and breast MRI.
- We may perform breast (mass) puncture, and histopathology for definitive diagnosis, if necessary.
- Breast puncture is a method to perform using ultrasound or MMG. When it is judged that surgery is necessary, we will choose a surgery method according to the disease. Surgery methods include tylectomy, partial mastectomy (breast-conserving surgery), mastectomy (total resection), nipple areola preservation mastectomy, reconstructive operation after the breast cancer surgery. For treatments, which include preoperative/postoperative hormone therapy, preoperative/ postoperative chemotherapy, radiotherapy , and treatment for breast cancer metastasis or at the time of recurrence, we will work with the Radiology and the Medical Oncology.
We perform surgery mainly on spine surgery, hand surgery and artificial joint replacement.
- Lumbar spinal canal stenosis
- Lumbar spondylolisthesis
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Lumbago myelopathy
- Ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Arthrosis of CM joint of thumb
- Osteoarthritis of hip
- Osteoarthritis of knee
- Posterior decompression with fusuion
- Anterior decompression with fusuion
- Spinal deformity corrective surgery
- Tendon suture
- Tendon transfer
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
Gynecology & Obstetrics
We have established a medical treatment system including staff and equipment and are focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of gynecological malignant tumors such as uterine cancer and ovarian cancer. It is our motto to promptly provide diagnosis and treatment to patients at their first visits to us.
- Gynecologic malignant tumors
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- For diagnosis and treatment for gynecologic cancers such as uterine cancer and ovarian cancer, it is quite important to provide team medicine not only by gynecologic oncologists but also with Radiologists, Pathologists, and Palliative Care Specialists as a team medicine. We also think that measures such as proper use of anticancer medication or countermeasures for side effects by teams of doctors and pharmacists are important. In addition, we cooperate with each medical department to handle patients with gynecological malignant tumors with complications such as heart disease and diabetes.
We perform many Robot-assisted surgeries to patients who have prostate cancer. We, also, provide medium to long term IMR treatment for prostate cancer.
- Prostatic cancer
- Renal cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Renal pelvis and ureter cancer
- Adrenal tumor
- Prostate-gland enlargement
- Robotically-assisted surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Endoscopic surgery
- Intensity modulated radiation Therapy (IMRT)
Otorhinolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
We provide state-of-the-art medical treatment mainly for the head and neck cancer (tumor) patients.
Diseases such as chronic sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, tonsillitis, vocal cord polyp are also treated by our doctors, who have detailed knowledge on general otorhinolaryngologic diseases.
- Head and neck carcinoma (pharyngeal cancer , laryngeal cancer, nasal sinus cancer, oral cancer, salivary gland cancer, thyroid cancer)
- Head and neck benign tumors
- Chronic sinusitis
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Vocal cord polyp
- Facial palsy
- Allergic rhinitis
- An operational method called oral tumor resection is used for relatively early stage of pharyngeal cancer or laryngeal cancer. This is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a special device to remove cancer lesion that previously required an external incision from the mouth. We will, of course, also support surgery and chemoradiotherapy that involve free tissue transplantation. For sinusitis, we perform safe endoscopic surgery using navigation system.
Department in charge of diagnostic treatment for systemic autoimmune disease
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus(SLE)/Lupus nephritis・Rheumatoid arthritis・Sjogren syndrome・Psoriatic arthritis・Ankylosing spondylitis・Reactive arthritis・Dermatomyositis・Polymyositis・Systemic scleroderma・Mixed connective tissue disease・Behcet’s disease・Vasculitis (Takayasu disease・Polyarteritis nodosa・Microscopic polyangitis・Granulomatosis with polyangitis・Temporal arteritis etc.)・Polymyalgia rheumatica・ Crystal arthritis・Relapsing polychondritis
- Various blood tests including autoantibody test, imaging examinations such as CT and MRI, various biopsy (renal biopsy, skin biopsy, lymph node biopsy, bone marrow aspiration, thoracoscopy lung biopsy etc.), culture tests and immunological tests. <Treatment> Non-Steroidal-Anti-Inflammatory Drug, adrenocorticosteroid, sDMARD, bDMARD, tsDMARD. Non-pharmacological treatment: nutrition education, orthosis, physical therapy.
Pain clinic has been existing as pain management specialty ever since 1976 in Kanto Teishin Hospital which is the predecessor of NTT Medical Center Tokyo. Nerve block injections make it easier for human body to move appropriately by blocking the nerves causing the pain either temporarily or on a long-term basis. Nerve block treatment has an effect on reducing painkillers, improving circulation of the sites and muscle relaxant action. Our department currently perform minimally invasive surgical treatment, hyperhidrosis treatment and treatment for vertebral compression fracture in addition to nerve block injections.
- We treat pain of the limbs like in cervical hernia, cervical spondylosis and lumbar hernia, pain of the trunk like neck and back pain, pain related to herpes zoster, persistent postoperative pain, headaches like migraine, facial pain like trigeminal neuralgia, persistent pains of unknown cause as well as hyperhidrosis, facial spasms and problems deriving from the autonomic nerve system.
- Nerve block using local anesthesia for many kind of pains as well as pulse radiofrequency and radiofrequency which effects last longer. Percutaneous discectomy and disc reduction through DART electrodes for cervical hernia and lumbar hernia. Dissection of nerve adhesion that may happen inside the epidural space because of prolonged lumbar pain and limbs pain. For palmar hydrosis we perform endoscopic thoracic sympathetic clipping and endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy. We give Botox injections for facial and ocular spasms and spasmodic torticollis.
Center for Preventive Medicine/Health Screening
We closely work with each clinical department of our hospital. If any illness is found in the Health Screening, you can promptly undergo a detailed examination, and treatment at our hospital. Health Screening system operated by this center is also interlinked with electric medical record that can be viewed from each clinical department in our hospital. This enables smooth information sharing and medical treatment.
- Life-style related diseases of illness
- Specialists of our Endoscopy Center, who are the Board Certified Fellow of the Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society, perform gastric cancer screening to try to detect not only very early stage of gastric and esophageal cancer, which are difficult to find by upper GI series, and also atrophic gastritis by performing test for Helicobacter Pylori . We also carry out lung cancer screening by low dose CT to reduce radiation dosage to people over 40 years old to detect lung cancer at the early stage. To ensure accuracy, two Radiologists will preform checking after the check by a physician to avoid overlook of lung cancer.
- Hospital Tour
Special private room SA on 11F
Waiting area for outpatients
Gamma knife center : Gamma knife radiosurgery
Linac room: IMRT
Angiography room: Catheterization
Operation room : Surgical robot ‘da Vinci'
Endoscopy center: Endoscopy and endoscopic surgery
- General Information
- Hospital Name
- NTT Medical Center Tokyo
- 5-9-22, Higashi-Gotanda, Shinagawa-Ku, Tokyo, 141-8625
- https://www.nmct.ntt-east.co.jp/en/ English
- https://www.nmct.ntt-east.co.jp/ Japanese
- https://www.nmct.ntt-east.co.jp/cn/ Chinese
- email@example.com English, Japanese, Chinese
Medical Travel Assistance Company
- Emergency Assistance Japan Co., Ltd.
- http://maj.emergency.co.jp/ English
- http://maj.emergency.co.jp/ja/ Japanese
- http://www.weimajie-emergency.com/ Chinese
- http://maj.emergency.co.jp/cn/ Chinese
- https://www.eaj.ne.jp/maj/inquiry English
- https://www.eaj.ne.jp/maj/ja/inquiry Japanese
- firstname.lastname@example.org Chinese
- https://www.eaj.ne.jp/maj/cn/inquiry Chinese
- 10 minutes walk from Gotanda Station, JR Yamanote Line
7 minute walk from Gotanda Station, Toei Subway Asakusa Line
- 30 minutes by car from Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport)
90 minutes by car from Narita International Airport